What people are saying about publications, editing, and writing from Ginger’s pen:
Kelly McGonigal, Stanford psychologist, author, TED speaker, and former Editor in Chief, International Journal of Yoga Therapy: “Ginger, Thank you for your tremendously thorough review. I really appreciate the time you took with it. You clearly understand what is required of a manuscript, and I, too, hope the author will put in the effort to substantially revise and resubmit.”
Stacey Curnow, Yale educated CNM, midwife and life coach: “Whoa! This interview covering physical problems after childbirth is the most comprehensive I’ve ever read. Thank you Ginger Garner for sharing your expertise!” Read the full interview here
National Association of Mothers’ Centers Voice Blog
- Fall 2015 – Yoga and Postpartum Physical Therapy: A Must for New Moms. Vantage Health Systems.
- Fall 2015 – Yoga as Medicine for Pregnancy – The Prenatal Care Problem. Vantage Health Systems.
- Fall 2015 – Yoga as Integrative Medicine: Why Health Care Pros Should Offer It. Medbridge.
- Late Fall 2014 – Fostering Creativity in Rehabilitation. Chapter contribution: The Role of Relationship in Creativity. Nova Publishers, NYC. 2014.
- Spring 2014 – Pelvic Pain Recovery through Yoga: One Mom’s Success Story. Modern Mom. Fit and Fearless Birth Blog.
- Spring 2014 – Relief from Pelvic Pain: How Yoga Can Help. Modern Mom. Fit and Fearless Birth Blog.
- Spring 2014 – Relief from Pelvic Pain: Questions to Ask your Health Care Provider. Modern Mom. Fit and Fearless Birth Blog.
- Spring 2014 – Finding Relief from Pelvic Pain. Modern Mom. Fit and Fearless Birth Blog.
- Fall 2013 – A Letter to My Children: Wisdom in Parenting. The American Mother. Fall 2013.
- Fall 2013 – What About A Mother’s Bill of Rights? The American Mother Fall. 2013.
- May 24, 2013 – Is Stress Making You Sick and Sad? Yang-Sheng Magazine《養生》(Vol 3. No 2) March/April 2013 DIRECT LINK TO ARTICLE
- May 16, 2013 – Radio interview on The Pelvic Pain Natural Relief Method about how I specialize in using yoga as medicine for mother’s health and advocacy. Listen to Interview
- March 4 2013 – The Science that Proves You Are What You Eat Guest writer for Waking Times Blog.
- December 15, 2012 – The Role of Nutrition and Exercise in Longevity. Yang-Sheng Magazine《養生》(Vol 2, No. 6) December 2012
- November 6, 2012 – Can Yoga Be Used as Medicine? (Part Two) Guest writer for Waking Times Blog.
- October 31, 2012 – Can Yoga Be Used as Medicine? (Part One) Guest writer for Waking Times Blog.
- October 25, 2012 – How America’s Broken Health Care System Affects Women. Fit and Fearless Birth. Modern Mom.
- October 18, 2012 – Labor & Delivery Yoga: Better Birth is Only a Breath Away. Fit and Fearless Birth. Modern Mom.
- October 4, 2012 – 7 tips for Having a Better Birth – Fit and Fearless Birth. Modern. Mom
- September 15, 2012 – The Happiness Inventory – Yang-Sheng Magazine《養生》(Vol 2, No.5). Featured Article of the Issue. August/September 2012.
- September 10, 2012 – Secrets for Easing Labor Pains – Fit and Fearless Birth. Modern Mom.
- August 28, 2012 – Why Childbirth in America Needs to Change – Fit and Fearless Birth. Modern Mom.
- August 17, 2012 – Prenatal Yoga That Fits You – Fit and Fearless Birth. Modern Mom.
- August 2, 2012 – What About A Mothers’ Bill of Rights? – Fit and Fearless Birth. Modern Mom.
- May 15, 2012 – Four Reasons Why New Moms Need Physical Therapy – Fit and Fearless Birth. Modern Mom.
- May 15, 2012 – The Busy Mom’s Guide To Yoga – Yang-Sheng Magazine《養生》, May 2012.
- April 19, 2012 – Why American Women Deserve Family-Friendly Social Policy. Fit and Fearless Birth. Modern Mom.
- April 12, 2012 – Choosing the Right Health Care Provider for Pregnancy (and Birth). Fit and Fearless Birth. Modern Mom.
- April 9, 2012 – Choosing the Right Birth Facility – Delivery Decisions. Fit and Fearless Birth. Modern Mom.
- March 27, 2012 – Women Deserve To Have A Better Birth Experience. Column for Modern Mom and Ginger’s new expert panelist blog, Fit and Fearless Birth.
- Published interview with Ginger Garner by BreezyMama.com and as featured in People magazine blogroll: Body after birth: Explaining those aches and pains — BreezyMama.com. Read on at People.com
- October 2011 – Women’s Empowerment in an Age of Illness, part two. Yang-Sheng Magazine《養生》
- September 2011 – Women’s Empowerment in an Age of Illness, part one Yang-Sheng Magazine《養生》
- June 2011 – Adrenal Burnout: What Women Need to Know Yang-Sheng Magazine《養生》
- May 2011 – A Yogic Breath Practice for Women Yang-Sheng Magazine《養生》
- April – September, 2011 – Ginger is on maternity leave from April-September. Welcome James Solomon, born June 17, 2011 at 7 lb. 1 oz.
- April 16, 2011 – Ginger’s new column debuts in Yang-Sheng magazine: The Anti-Inflammatory Lifestyle: A Fountain of Youth? Yang-Sheng Magazine《養生》
- April 7, 2011 – Ginger’s response to the Time magazine article on the delusion of parenting is mentioned on Your (Wo)man in Washington®. Read the full post here.
- March 25, 2011 – Lower Extremity Review. Read Biomechanical Precepts Define 21st Century Yoga. LEW March 2011 Vol. 3/No. 3.
- Febrauary 27, 2011 – Your (Wo)man in Washington® features Ginger on a 2-part series guest post: Women’s Empowerment in An Age Of Illness
- February 26, 2011 – Ginger’s Professional Yoga Therapy Manuals are set to be re-released in an updated format, containing new information and a user friendly format. These texts, at present, will be available for purchase as part of attendance in the CE program.
The 4 new textbooks will bear new names:
Professional Yoga Therapy, Volume I, Professional Yoga Therapy, Volume II, Professional Yoga Therapy, Volume III, and Professional Yoga Therapy, Volume IV
- September 28, 2010 – New DVD Released: Complementary and Alternative Medicine: Using Evidence Based Yoga To Evaluate and Treat the Athlete.
- February 25, 2010 – The Great Legacy: Ginger’s guest blog for Midwifery and women’s health is published for Midwife for Your Life, Stacey Curnow.
- February 12, 2010 – How I Manage Work/Life Balance: Ginger guest blogs for National Association of Mothers’ Centers based in Washington D.C., founded by Pulitzer Prize nominee Ann Crittenden.
- February 4, 2010 – Ginger’s guest blog for Circle+Bloom on Adrenal Burnout & Fertility is published.
- Ginger’s New Blog Launched with great success. www.gingergarner.blogspot.com. Join the Breathing In This Life community of mothers and women as Ginger writes on ways for moms and women to stay their fittest and strongest!
- Ginger’s Blog has prompted responses to other concerns about yoga, motherhood, and practice:
- Yoga Journal response about parenting (8th response on page)
- Midwifery Today Response about the Fear of Birth in America (scroll down to question of the week to read the response)
- Ginger working on her book about mothering. Stay tuned for excitement about the upcoming book.
- February 14, 2009 release date and now available for purchase Yoga In America edited by Deborah Bernstein & Bob Weisenberg Ginger’s latest writing published in Yoga In America, the story of yoga in America told by 46 ardent yoga teachers and therapists.
- Ginger finishes the fourth and fifth editions for PYT II and PYT I, and second editions for PYT III and IV are completed in time for the 2009 academic year.
- Ginger completes edits for a more comprehensive manual for the previous Spine course entitled, Dialogues in Spinal and Lumbopelvic Yoga Therapy, to be reintroduced as a new course in 2009.
- Ginger completes edits for the newly expanded coursework for the Childbirth Educator in Yoga Therapy course, to now expand into a week long Certificate in prenatal, labor coaching, and postpartum yoga therapy.
- 2007 Garner, Ginger. International Journal of Yoga Therapy; The Future of Yoga Therapy and the Role of Standardization. November 2007 Volume 17
- Ginger completes the course text, Yoga Therapy for the Spine.
- 2006 Kelly McGonigal quotes Ginger in IDEA Fitness Journal June 2006 Issue – on her expertise in chronic pain management with yoga therapy – Read the IdeaFit article on chronic pain by Kelly McGonigal quoting Ginger
- 2005 A Best Seller in Yoga DVD’s on Amazon.com Ancient Yoga, New You Yoga Therapy DVD for pain management is on the BEST SELLER list on amazon.com.
- 2004 November Garner, Ginger(formerly Wood) MPT, E-RYT, ATC The International Journal of Yoga Therapy; Yoga Therapy and Chronic Pain Management – Telling Our Story,
- 2002 Garner, Ginger. Yoga for Health Care Professionals. Ginger’s first two texts in yoga therapy were published and used for educating over 300 licensed health care professionals in a 3 year time frame.
- 2002-present – Ginger’s texts were first published in 2002, for Professional Health & Fitness. In 2005, Ginger expanded the texts and in 2009 the new editions were released for Professional Yoga Therapy. All six texts are available in conjunction with taking PYT Continuing Education courses in medical yoga therapy and rehabilitation.