Ginger Garner PT, DPT, ATC/LAT, PYT
Dr. Ginger Garner is a veteran therapist devoted to helping people overcome trauma and pain. She has spent her more than 25 year career using yoga as therapy and training health care professionals to use yoga for both medical and self-care.
Experienced Orthopedic Physical Therapist and Licensed Athletic Trainer
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a clinical focus on yoga in health care, self-care, and injury prevention, specifically for hip and pelvic health, pain management, and maternal health.
- Founder of The Professional Yoga Therapy Institute (PYTI®)—the longest standing international model for clinical and public health education, providing inter-disciplinary medical yoga therapy certification for healthcare professionals since 2000. (www.proyogatherapy.org)
- Author of the recently released book, Medical Therapeutic Yoga: Biopsychosocial Rehabilitation and Wellness Care©, a multi-media compilation of 4 years of writing, 20 years of clinical practice, and 17 years of field testing in professional yoga therapy. Foreign language translations currently are contracted and in production.
- Creator of the ONLY fully developed, field-tested curriculum being used in post-graduate certification and graduate coursework at masters and doctoral programs in North American universities.
- A faculty member at Herman and Wallace Pelvic Rehabilitation Institute.
- Sought after university circuit expert for evidence-based integration of yoga in the medical classroom.
- Passionate about calling attention to equal access to yoga and physical therapy in healthcare, improvement of health literacy, advancement of gender equality, and social justice for mothers.